Friday, 15 June 2018 18:24
Community Based REDD+Written by xhavaragen
- Type: Report/Publication, Global Publication
- Focal Areas: Biodiversity, Sustainable Forest Management, Community-Based Adaption
- Priority Groups: Indigenous Peoples
- Countries: Cambodia, Nigeria, Panama, Paraguay, Sri Lanka
- Partnerships: Community-Based REDD+ (CBR+)
The UN-REDD Programme in partnership with the GEF Small Grants Programme (SGP) established the Community Based REDD+ (CBR+) initiative to bring small grants of up to $50,000 to forest-dependent communities on the ground. The CBR+ initiative is a hands-on, bottom-up endeavour for genuine stakeholder engagement in REDD+. It also fosters synergies between local action and national policy for REDD+.